Monday, December 31, 2012

My brother's take on Les Mis

My seven-year-old brother, known at times on this blog as Jerry (not his actual name) plays with his Legos almost every day.  He has a folding table set up in his bedroom on which he keeps his Legos, and when he builds things with them he likes to have a continuous live soundtrack playing at all times.  This is often manifested in the form of appropriate sound effects (plane crashes, zooming motorcycles and the like) but he frequently uses music as well.  Today I was coming down the hall and overheard him singing songs from Les Mis at the top of his lungs.  It was too good an opportunity to pass up, so I fetched my camera and took a stealthy video of him singing all the parts to "One Day More," a capella of course.  I thought some of you might find it entertaining, so I'm sharing it here.


(Note: my brother did turn around at the end of the video, a segment I've cut out so his face won't be on here, and instead of being mad at my filming him without his knowledge, merely grinned at me and launched into a rousing rendition of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" while making faces for the camera. However, I prefer candid videos to have as unstudied an air as possible--that is, it's not as cute when he's just hamming it up-- so I'm not sharing that part.  Anyways, I just wanted to say that so y'all knew he has no problem with being filmed.  :D)

12 comments:

Jessica Greyson said...

HOW PRECIOUS!!!! HE'S ADORABLE!!! I AM SOOOO GLAD YOU CAUGHT THIS ON TAPE!!!!! IT'S PRICELESS!!!! He's got quite a voice for such a little fellow...

Thank you for sharing!

Jessica

Petie said...

CHOKES ON LAUGHTER AND NEARLY DIES.

That. Was. So. Funny. Really. I laughed out loud. Numerous times. :D You are training him well, m'dear.

Nela said...

*tries to stiffle the giggles, but fails*

HAHAHA! Wow! :D This totally reminds me of the times I overheard my siblings sing out loud, unbeknownst to them that I was standing right outside the door. ;)

Great capture, Miss Dashwood!

Melody said...

Ha. You've taught him well. :P But I want to see the part where he turns around... hahaha. It's kind of fun to randomly stand behind somebody and see how long it will take for them to notice you're there... but then sometimes they're too smart for you and they actually know you're there and just pretend they don't. :P

But you know what's sad? When I look at your cloud of tags on your sidebar, "Les Miserables" seems to be the most prominent thing. :P Although it would seem you don't make the tag "Jane Austen" on all the posts that have to do with her. Well... you should. >:D

Leanna said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I greatly enjoyed that laugh! :)

Rachel (Cynthia) Heffington said...

This was so precious! He knows all the words! Fabulous! It cracked me up and made me laugh and smile. Well done, chap-o. Well done.

Caroline L. said...

You are very fortunate in your choice of siblings (or maybe he is...). ANYWAY, that was adorable! His Enjoras and Thenardiers were simply not-to-be-compared!

Sunny Smith said...

YOU HAVE A LITTLE WOMEN BANNER!!!!!

I'm sorry for the excitement, but I love love love that movie. I try to get someone to watch it with me every year:)

Oh, and your brother is too funny!

Jessica said...

Wow, he must be really smart to be able to remember all those words like that! And he sings very well for his age, I daresay.
Thanks for sharing. My 3 year old quite enjoyed it. ;-)

Katherine Sophia said...

That was awesome. XD
*joins ranks of others dying of delighted laughter* :)

Miss Melody Muffin said...

FANTASTIC!!!! He's very good, Amy!

Anonymous said...

Does he actually understand what he's singing with Eponine and Cosette/Marius? If not… would he care? Because if so, I'd find that hilarious.