Friday, April 11, 2014

I'd Like to Share: April 2014


Well.  This is a late turn-up, isn't it, Sherlock.

In my defense, my best friend was here for two weeks and two days, and I was slightly preoccupied.  But she has gone now and left meeeeeeeeeeee and I'm finally getting around to the blogging I've neglected.  Our I'd Like to Share nominations for the month of April are as follows.

In the Inspirational category...

Naomi Bennet nominated Emma Jane for First Blog Anniversary
Gwyn May nominated Payton for I Have an Idea
Miss Jane Bennet nominated Hayden for Slavery vs. Abortion

In the Informative category...

Eva nominated Miss Dashwood for On An Occasion Of This Kind...
Hamlette nominated Heidi for Much Ado About Nothing
Miss Dashwood nominated Jessica for 10 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Blogger

And in the Miscellaneous category...

Emma Jane nominated Hayden for Literary Pet Peeves: The Brooding Hero

***

Last month's quote was indeed from Cranford, and spoken by our own beloved Miss Matty.  :D  And this month's quote is one that made me laugh out loud when I first heard it, just as last one's did.

"I know what he's going to do to her. She'll be cavorting, and twinkling, careening towards a happy ending like a kamikaze."

Any guesses?  Don't forget to submit your posts for the May edition right over here!

5 comments:

Livia Rachelle said...

I read the Slavery Abortion comparison earlier, excellent!

Yay! My favorite film version of Emma has a photo. Wow, these are few and far between.

India said...

Quote is from Saving Mr Banks! Such a great movie <3

Hayden said...

oooh, I got nominated twice :) Thanks Jane Bennet & Emma Jane!

Now I need to go look up all the other nominations! :D

Zoë said...

Saving Mr. Banks... an excellent movie, that! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a reader from South Korea. Please excuse me if my English is not up to standard. While I love the quote and Cranford, I just wanted to point out that 'kamikaze' is a term the Japanese used during WW2 to refer to their suicide fighter pilots who crashed their planes into British or American battleships. Numerous men from East Asian countries that Japan dominated at the time were dragged into the war and forced to serve as kamikaze pilots. It's a very painful part of history for us Koreans and many others.
If I have troubled you with this somewhat not quite relevant information, I'm sorry. I just thought more people from other parts of the world should know that 'kamikaze' is a word that contains such a meaning.

I visit your blog often, and your posts are always wonderfully witty and insightful! I hope you'll keep writing for a long time yet!

-Sincerely, a Korean high school student.