This is a forty-four step tag-- you tell eleven random things about yourself, answer eleven questions posed by the person who tagged you, make up eleven questions of your own and then tag eleven people to answer those questions. Don't worry, it takes a lot less time than you might think.
Eleven random things about myself (ugh, this part is always the hardest):
1. My left ring finger is crooked. Not drastically so, but the top section of it bends to the right.
2. I love practically all herbal and fruit-flavored teas-- except for peach tea. Can't stand that one.
3. Last week I went to a movie theater for the very first time in my entire life. (My sister and I and our grandparents went to see the Royal Ballet company do Romeo and Juliet, and it. was. amazing. I'm not much of a ballet fan, but I LOVED that performance.)
4. I have dislocated my elbow twice, but have never broken a bone.
5. I am exactly five and a half feet tall.
6. I visited the White House during the Bush administration (the second Bush, obviously) and I saw the presidential dogs, Barney and Miss Beazley, live and in
7. I am deathly afraid of heights, and we are talking pure, unadulterated, shaking-in-my-shoes TERROR here. You couldn't get me to go up in the Empire State Building even if you bribed me with dark chocolate.
8. One of my pipe dreams is to act in a Broadway musical someday. You can have eighteen guesses as to which one. :P
9. I like smilies and emoticons and use them frequently. Mostly for the purpose of driving my sister nuts. (She hates them.)
10. Rex the dinosaur (from Toy Story) is probably my favorite animated character ever. "Hey, how do you spell FBI???" "Oh great. Now I have guilt!" (And the fact that he was voiced by Vizzini makes him doubly funny...)
And now for a fact that isn't particularly random, but I thought I'd stick it here nonetheless...
11. My parents have given me permission to post my first name on my blog, so now the Mystery Will Be Revealed. (I still like using Miss Dashwood, of course, but I think it would be nice if y'all knew me by a slightly less formal handle.)
My first name is...
No, peoples, my first name is not Little. Nice try. Very funny. Nope, my name is Amy. It's short for Amelia, so you can call me Miss Warne if you want, but I usually go by Amy. And of course you can still call me Miss Dashwood if you like. But now you have a choice of options. :D
And now for Charity's eleven questions:
1. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
I adore yogurt of any kind (Greek is best, though), fruit is my passion and I'm quite fond of bagels. And omelets. Breakfast and I are on very good terms. Actually, food and I are on pretty good terms, in general. :D
2. What’s your favorite book by Jane Austen?
Pride and Prejudice. Hands down.
3. What’s your favorite period drama?
I have to choose one?? All right, since Jane Austen adaptations are covered in another question, I'll say Little Dorrit (2008).
4. What’s your favorite book by a more modern author?
Hmm... I'd have to say At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon.
5. What’s your favorite kind of chip?
"Zest of Lime" white corn tortilla chips. That is snack heaven.
6. What’s your favorite fast food restaurant?
I really don't like fast food. I know I sound like a health freak (which I'm not, haha) but it's quite true. If I had to choose, though, it would probably be Arby's.
7. What’s your favorite classic book not by Jane Austen?
That's a toss-up between Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery, Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo and The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy.
8. What’s your favorite Jane Austen film adaption?
Pride and Prejudice 1995 and Emma 2009 tie for that spot.
9. What’s your favorite movie soundtrack?
Is it cheating to say Les Miserables? Because technically the movie hasn't even come out yet, but I have the soundtrack to the 10th Anniversary Concert DVD... and so that's a soundtrack. I have the funniest feeling that Charity wasn't referring to musicals in this question... oh well. :D
10. What’s your favorite place to read?
In bed at night with a cup of tea.
11. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
Characters from my favorite books and movies. I love people and I love classic literature and I love period drama, so the three combine to make my favorite blogging topic!
Now for my eleven questions:
1. Describe your dream pair of shoes.
2. What's your favorite children's picture book?
3. What's your favorite fruit?
4. How tall are you? (I always like to know how tall people are-- not sure why. Don't worry, I'm not asking for your weight... and if you feel it's an invasion of your privacy to post your height, you can substitute a picture of a cute kitten for this question.)
5. If money was no object, where would you like to go on your honeymoon?
6. Who is your favorite singer?
7. What's the next book on your to-read list?
8. What's your biggest language-related pet peeve? (i.e., what phrases or words bug you the most?)
9. Which movie lines do you quote the most? (share as many or as few as you like)
10. If you could wear any outfit from a movie for a day, what would you choose?
11. What's your favorite dessert?
And I tag eleven people (in alphabetical order, haha, because I like things to be Done Decently And In Order)...
- Abby at Newly Impassioned Soul
- Ally at Of Trims and Frills and Furbelows
- Anne-girl at Scribblings of my Pen
- Hayden at Story Girl
- Lauren at Books, Fashion and Tea
- Maria Elisabeth at Miss Georgiana Darcy
- Melody at Regency Delight
- Miss Laurie at Old-Fashioned Charm
- Petie at Dirt and Dickens
- Stephanie at Eccentricitee
- The Young Sage at The Society of Random People (sorry Anne, you have to do double-time)
That was fun!