Books and Movies
1. What color is Marguerite’s hair in the books?
Auburn, red-blonde, and golden are all acceptable answers. Because we get all of those from the fickle and ever-changing Baroness. :P
2. What is the name of the actor who plays Chauvelin in the 1934 movie?
3. Sir Percy’s catchphrase “sink me!” only appears once in the original book series... do you know which book?
Mam'zelle Guillotine! You can read the excerpt here.
4. What is the name of Lord Tony’s wife? (she has a whole book named after her, but Baroness Orczy couldn’t be bothered to call her by her actual name...)
Yvonne de Kernogan. This was an obscure one, I know. Sorry 'bout that.
5. What is the name of the man who ends up "spiriting away" the dauphin at the end of the 1982 film?
The Baron de Batz.
6. What is the name of Sir Percy's yacht?
The Day Dream!
7. Who does Suzanne de Tournay end up marrying at the end of the first novel?
Sir Andrew Ffoullkes.
8. What distinctive article of clothing (other than his always-flawless cravat) is Sir Percy wearing in the scene where he attempts to rescue Armand and Louise in the 1982 film?
(Sorry, forgot to number this one!) His CAPE. Among the Leaguettes of The Day Dream, that scene is referred to as The Scene Where Percy Has a Cape. Behold.
(I would like to point out, too, that I found this picture by searching "the scene where Percy has a cape" in Google Images. Boo yeah. We've infiltrated the system, girls.)
Who is older, Marguerite St. Just or her brother Armand St. Just? (This question is harder than it seems. :P)
The reason this question is harder than it seems is that our beloved Baroness O was an inconsistent creature. "Emmuska, you know, is not very constant," Mrs. Gibson would have said of her. In The Scarlet Pimpernel, Armand is said to be older than Marguerite, and to have been her chaperone and protector when their parents died-- but in El Dorado, all of a sudden she's eight years his senior! Um what.
1. "This little revolution of yours is monstrous intolerable."
2. “Believe me, I have enjoyed life so much these past two years, I would not give up those pleasures even for that of seeing you and your friends have a bath or wear tidy buckles on your boots."
~The Triumph of the Scarlet Pimpernel
3. “M’dear chap, I never would have dreamt of depriving you of your moment of triumph. Alas, a moment was all that I could spare.”
4. "Approval, sir, in my opinion, demands the attainment of perfection. And in that sense, you rather overrate the charms of your society. I'faith, for one thing, it does seem monstrous ill-dressed for any society, even a new one."
5. "Help you, my dear fellow? Of course, we'll all help you, if you want us. What are we here for but to help each other, as well as those poor wretches who are in trouble through no fault of their own?"
~Sir Percy Leads the Band
6. "Open up your sleeves, man. Let your ruffles take the air. Let them flow. Let them ripple."
And now for our winner!
Let's all give it up for Caroline L., who scored the highest with 13 points!
Livia Rachelle: 12
Lois Johnson: 12
Erudessa Aranduriel: 11
Carissa Horton: 9
Naomi Bennet: 3
Thanks for playing, everyone!