Thursday, March 28, 2013

Period Drama Ending Tournament - Second Poll

The results are in, and Poll #2 is up and running!

1. Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel



2. North and South


3. Wives and Daughters


4.  Les Miserables
[note: FINALLY saw this on the historic day of March 26, 2013, and...
 let's just say I love it all.  Every little bit, however small.]


5. Bright Star

Okay, this one is included because... well, because I, like Charlie Brown, am a blockhead.   I listed two movies as #17 in the initial nominations post (Northanger Abbey and Master and Commander) so there were actually 21 period dramas instead of 20.  Emma Jane kindly pointed out the fact that Bright Star hadn't made it into the polls, at which point I realized what had happened and decided that beyond all doubt, I am an idiot.  I will also point out that no one else seemed to notice, but I will not say that y'all are idiots for not noticing either, because it is not nice to call people idiots.

Anyways, Bright Star has been re-entered in the tournament and is now the fifth option on the poll.


Voting will be open until next Thursday, and I'm being lenient and letting you choose more than one.  :D

5 comments:

Lily said...

THANK YOU for letting us choose more than one!! I was in great indecision between Anne of Green Gables, and North and South! You have put my mind at rest. ; )

Melody said...

NOOO. EMMA OR P&P OR S&S DIDN'T MAKE IT.
*sobs uncontrollably*

Okay, I'm kidding. I didn't actually sob. :P

I'm just voting for Anne. And that is all. I figure N&S will get enough votes without me and I would rather Anne win. :P

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO MUCH AGONY... THESE CHOICES.

Oh, wait... I can choose more than one? Well, yippee skippee.

Les Miserables and North & South get my votes! :)

Anonymous said...

WHY?!?!? All the Best movies are gone!!!! And I thought everybody on here REALLY liked TSP!!! *sniff* I shall vote anyway...I vote for W&D!

--Beatrix Potter

Anonymous said...

I have always liked the Anne of Green Gables movies. I used to watch them with my cousins and we would hide under the blankets whenever Anne and Gilbert kissed. :)

I wanted to let you know I have passed a blog award on to you.