done it before, my darling Eowyn was the one to tag me this time and her questions looked fun so I couldn't resist.
You've all seen this done before, I expect, but I'll list the rules anyway-- I have to give you eleven random facts pertaining to moi, answer Eowyn's eleven questions, tag eleven people and come up with eleven questions for THOSE people to answer. Here goes.
I'm horrid at coming up with random facts about myself, and to be honest, what I know about myself isn't half as interesting as what I imagine about myself so we're going to do something different today. You'll get eleven random facts, yes, but here's the catch-- some of them are truth and some of them are whoppers. Your job is to discern the "Things That Actually Happened" from the "Things That Prove Miss Dashwood Probably Needs Professional Help."
Eleven True (And False) Random Facts About Me
1. I have visited the Grand Canyon.
2. I am lactose intolerant.
3. I received my first marriage proposal when I was five. (This proposal was declined.)
4. I once met a famous Olympic gymnast.
5. My parents gave me a Labradoodle puppy for my eleventh birthday.
6. I have scars on my right arm from when a tree branch fell on me last summer.
7. I wear both glasses and contacts (but not at the same time).
8. My favorite Enjolras is Aaron Tveit from the 2012 Les Mis movie.
9. I have "flown" in a hot air balloon (okay, it was tethered; your point?)
10. I got caught once in a train door (the sliding kind--it closed on me as I was going in. Painful, but no lasting damage).
11. I really, really want to take part in a flash mob someday, but haven't yet gotten the chance to do so.
1. What was the most recent movie you've seen and what did you think of it?
Cars 2 was the last one I watched, but it wasn't for the first time so I don't know if it counts... anyways, I really enjoyed it. I mean, Pixar, people. What's not to love. I'm really not a racecar kind of girl (I get more amusement out of the fact that the word's a palindrome than from actually watching the sport) but I like the movie anyway. It's much more character-driven than machine-driven (heh, heh, heh, pun intended) and I'm just happy every time Mater, Luigi or Guido show up on screen. "Hey! You done good, you got all the leaves!" Oh, and
|(I know, I know, this quote's from the first movie. :))|
2. Would you rather live on the beach or in the mountains?
Beach all the way. I would be quite happy to get a little house in Cape May (or another equally cute and less tourist-y seaside town) and live there forever. Ocean breezes, sand and seagulls, biking on the boardwalk... yep, I could get used to it. Guys, I want a lighthouse.
3. What's your favorite Disney Princess and why?
Belle, hands down. She's the bookish one. :D That library in the Beast's castle is to drool for.
4. What's your favorite book? (Or, if you can't decide, what are your three top favorite books?)
Eowyn, I always knew you were a kindred spirit. Top three-- THANK YOU. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
5. Would you rather live in Narnia, Middle-Earth, or 1860's England?
Being hardly at all acquainted with the first two choices and quite fascinated with the third, I'll go with 1860's England. :D
6. Who is your favorite movie or book character?
Eowyn, all that stuff about being a kindred spirit-- I take it back. HOW can you DO this to me. ARGH. Um. We'll go with the book I'm reading right now and say Jane from Jane Eyre, with the understanding that this answer is subject to change as soon as I start something new. Heehee.
7. Have you ever heard of Focus on the Family's Father Gilbert Mysteries? If so, what do you think of them?
I've heard OF them, but haven't actually heard--that is, listened to--them.
8. If you could pick anywhere in the world, where would you want to live when you get married?
Well, I talked about the beach in another answer, so I'll say something else now... hmmm... well, if it weren't so far from my family and friends, I'd go to Ireland! To be honest I love the idea of globetrotting-- I don't necessarily mean traveling and "seeing all the sights" but packing up at a moment's notice and moving to a brand-new place, be it small-town Mitford or the Scottish highlands or New York City. Of course I also like the idea of settling down and living in the same place for years and years and years and creating lots of memories. I suppose to answer this properly I'll just be sappy and romantical and say that I want to live wherever my true love is. There. Laugh if you must.
9. What's your favorite musical?
Ummmm.... thinking REALLY HARD here...
10. Cake or ice cream?
11. How many times have you been to Disney World?
I've actually been there three times. Once when I was two and so young I didn't appreciate it--literally cried when I met the terrifying creature they call Mickey Mouse--once when I was almost twelve and definitely old enough to appreciate it and once when I was sixteen, ditto. My aunt used to work there, and it's always been a pipe dream of mine to get a job being Mary Poppins at those character meet-and-greets (my phobia of costumed people has worn off, by the way).
|Center of photo in the blue flowered rompers-- yep, that's yours truly in 1997.|
1. Have you ever eaten caviar? If so, what was it like? If not, would you be willing to try it someday?
2. When did you first learn to ride a bike?
3. Elizabeth Gaskell or Charles Dickens? (I leave Jane Austen out of it, we all KNOW she's the best...)
4. What's your favorite long/interesting/complex word?
5. Put your music playing device on shuffle and tell us the names of the first three songs that come up, no skipping.
6. What's the funniest dream you ever had?
7. How many plays have you seen performed live? (School plays and amateur productions totally count.)
8. Mexican food, Chinese food or neither? Why?
9. Is there a name that you consistently mispronounced for years and then finally heard someone say it out loud and felt completely mortified for saying it wrong all that time?
10. Which Les Mis character are you?
11. What's your favorite board game? (it doesn't have to be an actual BOARD game... technically Bananagrams isn't a board game, but you know the genre I'm talking about)
And I Tag...
Marie (private blog)
Lily (private blog)
Belle (and Addy and Emma)
The Young Sage
Eowyn (she said we could tag back)
Miss Melody Muffin
Ally (though I know she's done this tag loads of times already)
To anyone else who wants to do it... my comment box is open and waiting! And to close off this higgledy-piggledy post, I leave you with a chuckle...