Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The New Location

via

Well, the time has come at last... Yet Another Period Drama Blog is closing its doors.  (I had to jump right into that or I might have a hard time saying it.)  You probably saw this coming quite a long while ago, but it's finally time to make it official.

I won't be blogging at this location anymore, but I am still going to leave this blog up and running in case anyone wants to read old posts! Going forward, though, I hope you will join me at my new endeavor, The Bluestocking Dressmaker. For a number of reasons, I've decided that my life has moved on from the place that Yet Another Period Drama Blog used to fill, and though I still love it and the friends I've made from it, it's time for something new. We can't hang on forever to everything we started when we were sixteen, after all. ;) My new blog will (in the plans, anyway) cover everything from literature to TV and movies (sound familiar) to sewing endeavors to writing to politics (gasp) to theology to wedding anecdotes to flowers in church (I am for them). I hope you'll come and follow me there, and I look forward to seeing you around!

Oh, and for a more minute, day-to-day update (as far as my sewing goes, anyway) you can catch me on Instagram - and, less frequently, on Twitter.

Before I close this, I just want to wish everyone who is reading this post today, who will read it in the future, who has read this blog in the past and who will still come back from time to time to check the archives - thank you. Writing here has been a huge part of my growing-up years, and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that, in its own small way, it has and continues to shape me into the person that I am now and want to be. Thank you for reading, for commenting, for writing your own posts that I've loved reading, for being here with me even briefly and also from the beginning.

This quote isn't the most fitting for the last post on a blog that only lived for six years and did not amount to much, but it came into my head as I was writing this, so it seemed appropriate to end this little note with the words of someone who writes so beautifully and put so much poignancy into the simplest of stories.  (Hmmm, there's an idea for a future post...)

"Why did you do all this for me?” [Wilbur] asked. “I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.”
“You have been my friend,” replied Charlotte. “That in itself is a tremendous thing."
~Charlotte's Web by E.B. White


7 comments:

Miss Woodhouse said...

Aaawww I'm so sad to hear you won't be posting here anymore!! You have no idea how much I've enjoyed reading your posts!! :( I'm glad you are leaving it up though. And I will definitely be checking out your new blog!!

Natalie said...

Awww! This is sad, but I totally understand your reasons for making this decision. I am definitely going to follow The Bluestocking Dressmaker. :)

Didn't amount to much?? I beg to disagree, Miss Dashwood! :) Your blog was one of the first that introduced me to the blogging world and inspired me to create my own blog. Without people like you, I may never have gotten into blogging and met all the wonderful, encouraging friends and sisters in Christ that I have. And then I wouldn't be the person I am today. Seriously. Blogging has changed my life for the better in SO many ways. I can't even count them. So THANK YOU! God has used your blog to bless other people, in ways both big and small. <3 Don't ever doubt that. :)

Katie Hanna said...

Well, I'll certainly miss Yet Another Period Drama Blog. But I know The Bluestocking Dressmaker will be just as much fun :)

Your blog, by the way, was the real catalyst that got me interested in movies, after a childhood where movies and TV were pretty much off-limits. But lo and behold, at age 20, I stumbled on the Grand Pride and Prejudice debate here, and couldn't rest until I had seen both versions for myself . . . and the rest, as they say, is history.

So thank you, Miss Dashwood, for introducing me to one of my biggest passions. <3

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of anything appropriate to say, so I will restrict my remarks to the weather. Just kidding! I stumbled upon your blog months ago and have discovered many wonderous movies because of it. I’ve started my own blog, which if ya wanna, you can visit... https://theracethatknowsjosaph.blogspot.com/. (I think I’m the only one who reads my posts anyways) but you are an example to me and inspire me to be a better person. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Show some concern for the weakest among us. The stupid.

Anonymous said...

I love it when people come together and share thoughts.
Great blog, stick with it!

The Elf said...

So I know I'm almost 7 months late and you may never see this comment, but it felt fitting to post it here. I discovered the world of blogging quite by accident when a picture for a story of mine led me from Google images to Ribbons of Light. From there, I soon found your blog in about 2011 and nostalgically remember your first meeting with Melody, the P&P95 Forever blog and so on. I remember nervously entering into the competitions - this was the INTERNET after all, what if my identity got STOLEN? and because I was so nervous, never answered an email from you and Melody where you acknowledged my entry but also asked a friendly question. {Sorry about that! I still regret I didn't reply} They were such fun days, getting to look into the lives of you, Melody,Ally and these fun girls from the other side of the world from Australia. Funnily enough I never really got into the Inklings Press blog until a couple of years ago and now I've actually stayed with Ashley! Whilst I agree it seems appropriate to close this blog, it does sadden me too... realising that I too have moved on into adult life. It's another closed gate to childhood and even though God moves us on to bigger and better and more wonderful things, it's hard not to look back with nostalgia on this blog and the many happy memories it created. I've meant to write this for months but never got around to it but figured I should do so on the last day before your next big adventure (according to social media anyway!). All the best for your wedding tomorrow, Amy, and God's blessings for your future ahead.
Much love,
~The Elf~