Friday, July 12, 2013

Didn't we say we'd post something together in real life? Yes, I think we did.

*watching Emma 2009 last night*
Mr. Weston: Which two letters of the alphabet express perfection?
Emma: Two letters...? I am sure I do not know!
Mr. Weston: M and A! Do you understand?
Melody: *squeals* MELODY AND AMY!!!!!


How shall we begin?  Which of our important nothings shall we tell you first?

Well, first of all, we have met in real life and are together at long last.  And in case you couldn't tell, "we" refers to Amy and Melody (Miss Dashwood and Miss Marianne).   Okay, Melody, it's your turn to talk now. 

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Um... that's all I can think of. :P

You goose.

I am NOT a goose.

Of COURSE you are.

If I am a wild Beast I cannot help it. It is not my own fault. (Is it, Mrs. Allen?)

My dear, you tumble my gown.

We're nuts. But y'all knew that, right??

Two nuts in a case.  Indubitably.
Okay, we should probably write something of substance now instead of quoting at each other.

But... oh, fine, if you insist. Okay, by the way, everything in green is Amy and everything in purple is me. Er, Melody. 
Here, YOU say something of substance.

Perhaps we should tell you all what we have been doing.  Well, giggling has been first and foremost.  Melody is snorting even as I write this.  Er, snicker-snorting.  Which is more interesting.

If you sy so. :D

I didn't sy so, Eliza; I didn't even SAY so.

Um... we're doing it again. Naughty us.

You promised me a jig, you NAUGHTY boy!

Just don't know where to stop, do ya?

If I am a wild Beast... oh, right, you said that before.  

Yup. Hush up, can't you? ;) ;)

This is beginning to look like a gmail chat.  Our readers will be bored to death with it.  Bored to death with the rain, bored to death with their lives, bored to death with themselves.  How about we show them some pictures and tell them about what we've been doing?

Pictures! Good plan. Go ahead.

Very well, I shall do all the work and you can sit there and snigger at me.

I was just going to say "and I can just sit there and giggle," but you sort of beat me to the general idea. (HOW MANY TIMES HAS THAT HAPPENED.)

Really, it's unbelievable how many times we've said the same thing together already.  :D :D 


So.  Let's see.  Well, we've gone out for a walk and listened to music together on dual headphones, which was kind of hilarious (wait, what do I mean "kind of"?) because we kept lip syncing along to various songs and acting all dramatic.  "Pitiful creeeeeeature of darkness, what kind of life have you known?  God give me courage to show youuuuuuuu, you are not aaaaaaalooooooooooooooone!!!!!"  

She just shoved the laptop at me again. Well well. Yes, that was just the first evening. We can't possibly cover everything right now... although I'm thinking we'll probably give you another rundown after the fact. (Only I would prefer not to think of after the fact. :P "If I could, I would tell you how I wish our time together could go oooon and oooon and neeeever eeend..." Um, that's from the S&S musical...)

We've also been watching period dramas.  Emma first, now we're on Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel.  And I just said that for an excuse to include this picture 'cause it's purty.


We went to the mall and goofed around a lot... as teenaged girls are supposed to do-- only, um, our own take on it. ;D (We would tell you about the weird guy in the tea shop but we probably don't have time.) And yesterday a dear friend of mine (who lives near me) came over and we had a delightful time, quite delightful indeed, and then after she left we went to a water park and yelled songs while coming down the slides. The way my voice sounds today proves this fact. :P

Haha, yeah, the Lark Rise to Candleford theme was the best, I think, but we did a pretty good job with "Just You Wait," too.  And of course we had way too much fun making fun of the people around us wearing spandex underwear.  Well, hey, they asked for it.  And we did it quietly.


We've been doing this too. :D


And a great deal of this... we're good at this one.


*Amy shoves laptop at Melody*  Take it.  

I'm not feeling creative, ma'am. 

She's got a proud something-or-other, this one.  (Brain?  Fingertips?)  Give 'er a meal of chaff, I say.

Um... ew.

Yes, Auntie, I'll give her a meal of chaff... come along, Arthur...

My name isn't Arthur.
Well, we seem to be running out of sensible things to say (um... have we actually said anything sensible? ... o.O) so here's another picture.  Worth a thousand words and all that.

We're hiding our faces so the world will never find us.  One must be careful on the Internets, you know.  :D 

On rereading this before publishing.. all I can think of is that we're pretty amusing.

But no one will ever be as entertained by us as us.  :D


I mean, here we are singing "Six Little Ducks That I Once Knew"... yep, we're crazy.  We're all mad here.

Indubitably. :D

13 comments:

Hayden said...

haha! you girls... :D it must be so fun to finally meet in real life! I'm feeling just a tad bit jealous :)

(The Bleak House quote made me laugh...we just finished watching it for the second time :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, it sounds like you're both having a marvelous time! I'm so happy for you!

Emma Jane said...

It sounds like you are having a simply marvellous time! It must be so wonderful to finally meet in real life. : ) Your chattering back and forth reminds me of my sister and I... We quote books and movies so regularly in our everyday speech and mix up different quotes with other quotes that other people must have no idea what we're talking about. : P
And what gorgeous dresses!!! Did you make them? They're so pretty! : )
I'd love to hear about the weird guy in the tea shop. : P Hehe!

~Emma

Unknown said...

You guys are crazy! But I can see you guys are kindred spirits and I am so excited for you guys.

Weird guy in the tea shop??!?!?!??!?!??!

Anonymous said...

This is very cute. Sounds like an amazing time!

Alexandra said...

So happy for you guys!!!!

Jane B said...

Hahaha! Sounds like you're having the time of your lives! Oh, and I LOVE your regency dresses!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are adorable. The end. :D

but you can't just drop a hint about a weird guy in a tea shop and NOT tell us!!!! I mean, a GUY... in a TEA SHOP??? EXPLAIN.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Woohoo! You're having a fabulous time! So excited for you both. As Jerry Seinfeld said, "It's so nice when it happens good."

Raechel said...

Just wanted to let you both know - this post made me smile! I love all the quoting back and forth (even though you're trying to be serious ;)) Really, it made me smile huge! My Mum and I are always quoting some English movie (or non-english movie sometimes) or the other - no one else really seems to do it though, so it is so great seeing you guys doing it too!
And congratulations on meeting for the first time!!!! That is sooo great!! :)
(Love the dresses, btw. Beautiful!)
Love in Christ,
Raechel (a random stranger ^.^)

Anonymous said...

I already commented on Melody's blog, but I'll comment again here. : )

Awwww.... I WISH I WAS THERE!!!! : D Well, I hope you guys continue to have a WONDERFUL time!!!!

-Eowyn-

Marie said...

I read this Friday but didn't get a chance to comment 'till now. Or, on Friday I couldn't and Saturday I forgot. :D

You guys sound so happy! Well, duh. That picure of you at the top was soooo cute...might have to copy your idea in a drawing. And yes, I have to echo everybody else...who WAS this guy and WHAT was he doing in a tea shop to make him weird??

Anyways, keep having fun!

Like you won't. :)

Melody said...

Heehee, I was just reading this again... for the memories, you know. ;) And I was just thinking how amazing all that quoting actually was. What I mean is, we both always knew what were were quoting at each other, and don't know anybody else who would have recognized all of them. (Although some of them may be the result of your influence in the first place, and even vice versa, but never mind THAT.) And especially not keep going with it. ;)

Anyways. Heehee. The Duck Song always MMTOY now, and when I randomly started humming/singing/whistling it, whichever I did, and you just joined in. That was so fun. :D

And if Marie ever DOES draw a picture with that pose idea as inspiration, I should like very much to see it. :D