Monday, December 5, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
I have been kindly given the Stylish Blogger Award by Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm!
I have seen this award on other people's blogs, and I'm thrilled to now have one of my own. Thank you, Miss Laurie!
There are three rules for this award:
1) Thank the blogger who awarded you and link back to her (check)
2) List seven random facts about yourself
3) Choose five other stylish bloggers to award.
Seven random facts about me:
1) I just today rediscovered a gift card I had received at my birthday several months ago (and forgotten about)--I used it to buy the Sense and Sensibility 1995 soundtrack, and I got free shipping! Hooray! "Those proud of keeping an orderly desk can never know the joy of finding something they thought irretrievably lost."
2) My eyes have no definitive color and are a mixture of blue, green, gray and hazel.
3) I hate cleaning bathrooms, but I greatly enjoy vacuuming.
4) I love Sherlock Holmes mysteries, P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves novels, and A. A. Milne's original Winnie the Pooh books.
5) I can wiggle my ears and push my glasses up on my nose without touching them with my hands. (I have well-developed facial muscles. It pays to work out.) :)
6) My middle name is Irish, as is my last name. (My first name, unfortunately, is not.) I myself am Irish, German, Lithuanian and English, with a bit of Pennsylvania Dutch thrown into the mix.
7) I am not ashamed of liking children's movies, and adore Disney-Pixar's movie Up. "That's South America. It's like America... BUT SOUTH."
I tried to pick people who did not already have the Stylish Blogger Award, so I'm passing along this award to:
~Alexandra at Of Trims and Frills and Furbelows
~Anne-girl, my sister dear
~Elise at Ribbons of Light (not sure if she's been awarded this before, but the more the merrier, right?)
~Hayden at Story Girl
~Jemimah at Beautiful Blank Pages