|This picture has absolutely nothing to do with the post. It's just funny|
and I'm currently in a rather silly mood.
Last week, Anne-girl and I went to a sleepover at a dear friend's house, and naturally all three of us suffered from a serious overdose of Giggles. During our visit, we put together a period drama trivia quiz just for laughs, and with the other girls' permission I decided to post it on here.
Each question is multiple-choice, with four choices per answer, and each comes from a different period drama (though some come from the same one). You can get one point for each correct answer and one point for each correct guess as to which question comes from which film. Maximum number of points: 24. Comment with your guesses and I'll reveal all the correct answers next Saturday. I won't publish your comments until then, to make it fair. (There are some other random references/quotes sprinkled throughout the answers... you will not get any more points for identifying these, but you may tremendously impress me, so go for it!)
I have now said quite enough, madam, so... good hunting! (name THAT quote if you can. The "good hunting" part, that is.)
1. What does Mr. Guppy call Esther Summerson?
a) "My angel"
c) "Your Highness"
d) "Lady Dedlock"
2. Why does John Ridd get dressed up in his good clothes on a weekday?
a) He's going to London to get his hair cut.
b) "No reason."
c) "It's Sunday, Annie. Duh."
d) It makes him feel pretty.
3. What kind of food does Hyacinth Clare find vulgar?
d) Organic baby banana food
4. What makes Mr. Bingley special in Mrs. Bennet's eyes?
a) His beautiful curly hair
b) His charming and elegant sisters
c) His private petting zoo
d) His 5,000 a year
5. According to Squire Hamley, an engagement is not...
a) something to be taken lightly
b) an elephant
c) a thing to be broken
d) a llama wearing pink pajamas with penguins on the bottom.
6. According to Lizzy Bennet, what is a happy thought indeed?
a) shelves in the closet
b) a single man in possession of a good fortune
d) Mr. Collins doing the cha-cha
7. What did John Chivery want inscribed over his ashes?
a) The name "Lorna Doone"
b) The word "Mother"
c) The name "Amy"
d) The symbol of Batman
8. Complete this quote: "Look back..."
a) "Look back at me."
b) "And don't move a muscle."
c) "And say goodbye."
d) "Do I have toothpaste on my face?"
9. Why doesn't Mrs. Potter want tradesmen in the house?
a) They carry dust.
b) They carry fleas.
c) They try to sell you things you don't want.
d) They eat all the leftovers.
10. What epithet should be used to summon Mrs. Forrester's runaway cow?
a) "Bonnie dearest"
b) "Betty dearest"
c) "Bessie dearest"
d) "Get back here immediately you stupid cow"
11. What does Colonel Brandon offer Edward Ferrars?
a) A coach and four
b) A goose that lays golden eggs
c) A spyglass monocle thingy
d) A living in Delaford
12. What does Marguerite Blakeney drop in the library?
a) Her earring
b) Her glass slipper
c) Her glove
d) Her timey-wimey detector.