Saturday, February 1, 2014

I'd Like to Share: February 2014


In order to make I'd Like to Share events each month a little bit more interesting than they already are (because the assumption is that everyone clicking on the links is getting to stumble upon new blogs each month and possibly even make a new friend or two), I've decided to add a new feature-- a quote from a period drama, the source of which must be guessed by my lovely readers.  Leave your guess in a comment and I'll come back and comment in a week or so and let you know the answer (so don't forget to subscribe :D).

Our February quote:

"I am by no means assured of his regard, and even were he to feel such a preference, I think we should be foolish to assume that there would not be many obstacles to his marrying a... a woman of no rank who cannot afford to buy sugar."

And our nominations!

In the Inspirational category...

Livia Rachelle nominated Susannah for The Story of Us
Kiri Liz nominated Kathryn for Writing and Writing
Miss Dashwood nominated Anne-girl for Animal Crackers, Lexicons and Clam-Digging

In the Just Plain Interesting category...

Eva-Joy nominated Anne-girl for A Taste of Legend's New Bits

9 comments:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Ooh! How fun! I love quote games. :) I believe that this quote is from S&S95, spoken by Elinor Dashwood.

Livia Rachelle said...

I think this is a S&S quote but from book, 1990 something (6?) movie or 2008 movie or all or a couple, I cannot say (unsnarl that sentence as you will).

Awdur said...

I think this is from Sense and Sensibility.

Naomi said...

Yes I think this is spoken by the Emma Thompson Elinor

Rose said...

My guess would be, it is from Sense and Sensibility.

Unknown said...

I think it is Elinor from Sense and Sensibility

Joan said...

Elinor Dashwood says it in S&S95 and possibly the book too.
Joan

Heidi said...

February quote: (Emma Thompson's) Elinor in the '95 S&S. (One of my favorites, BTW.) ;-)

Miss Dashwood said...

Thanks so much for participating, everyone! You are almost all entirely correct (and everyone is at least partially correct :)). The quote is from S&S95, spoken by Elinor Dashwood (Emma Thompson).