Monday, October 10, 2011

Period Drama Heroines Series


Announcing... Miss Dashwood's Period Drama Heroines series. I love writing about my favorite characters in period drama, so this shall be a fun opportunity.

I have seen quite a few lists of "top ten heroines", but a mere list isn't enough for me. I need to devote a whole series to my favorite period drama girls; a few sentences summarizing each just doesn't cut it. I'm too fond of words for that. :) You can expect to see film stills, quotes, a lot of text written by yours truly, and perhaps a movie clip showing Such-and-Such Heroine At Her Best.

Later, I also plan to write a series on period drama heroes. That list wasn't too hard to compile--there are nine heroes that I admire very much, and after a little thinking I came up with a tenth one. :P Just to make it all even, you know.

So my series will begin on Tuesday and will have cover ten heroines from period drama. On the left, you can see which ten heroines will be included. However, I'm not going to tell you where these girls fall on the list--that will be for you to find out. (Feel free to guess, however.)

2 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Can't wait for this series of posts! :-)

Melody said...

Oooh! How fun! I love the heroines you have there! =)