Thursday, October 6, 2011

Quote Of The Week

I love quotes. I collect them the way some girls collect shoes or purses. I wish I could say that I have a little fat notebook into which I scribble any funny or inspiring words I come across, but I don't. Instead, I keep a Google document, into which I type any and all inspiring words I come across. Sometimes I even cheat so far as to copy and paste things. :)

Anyway, I do love quotes, and I thought it would be fun to choose a favorite quote each week to post, with an appropriate picture. For the most part, I will stick to quotes from period dramas, with maybe an occasional book or famous person quote tossed in there.

Without further ado, the Very First Quote Of The Week.

"I shall write to Mr. Bingley, informing him that I have five daughters, and he is welcome to any of them he likes. They're all silly and ignorant, like other girls. Well, Lizzy has a little more wit than the rest. But he may prefer a stupid wife, as others have done before him."
~Mr. Bennet, Pride and Prejudice (1995)

4 comments:

Melody said...

Hahaha! Pride and Prejudice has some of the BEST quotes, and the 1995 version displays it brilliantly!

I love Mr. Bennet...he's hilarious. :)

I collect quotes too, especially Jane Austen ones, and recite them quite a bit...

Miss Dashwood said...

I love Mr. Bennet too... he's the personification of "dry wit", don't you think?

Julia Rogers said...

I agree 100 percent!!! He has got to be one of my favorite "dry wit" characters ever!! My sisters and mom and me all quote him regularly! :-)
Thanks so much for your blog I love it, as to what I would like to see on it,....I love character analysis',movie and book reviews, pictures ans screencaps, ..and QUOTES!!!! I LOVE quotes, ask anyone in my family, I am constantly in search of another good quote. So,...that is my vote, hope to see more posts soon!
In Christ,

Miss Dashwood said...

Julia, thank you for your comment! I'm planning to put up a different quote every week--if you have any suggestions, do let me know. Thank you for stopping by and for your encouraging words!